Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.3 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I install editor extensions?

Discussion in 'Extensions & OnGUI' started by BlazingRiver, Aug 8, 2015.

1. BlazingRiver

BlazingRiver

Hi,

I would like to install the editor extension: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-free-open-source-unity-psd-importer.254650/ which allows me to import .psd layers into my project, but I am having trouble installing the extension (simply because I do not know how to install editor extensions in unity).

Would someone please be able to explain how such extensions are installed, referring to the example given or not?

There are lots of files in the extension, including editor and properties folders, and several different scripts, and I have no idea what to do with them.

Thanks in advance!

2. BMayne

BMayne

Hey there,

You just put all the files in your project, that is it.

Editor scripts are the same thing as your game scripts except for the fact that they don't get built when you go to build you game. What makes them Editor scripts is the fact that they are in an Editor folder. (not 100% true but I will keep it simple)

3. legoer23

legoer23

Then how do you get to use the extension you're trying to use?