1. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Reddit AMA with Adam Myhill on Cinemachine, Thurs July 27 - 10AM PT. More info.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Warnings loading project from old version

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ben_tvpp, Jul 14, 2017.

1. ben_tvpp

ben_tvpp

H get this when I load the progect:
    upload_2017-7-14_15-35-15.png

What do Ido to fix this. did lots of googeling for 'Unity re-import' but had no lock.

Ben

Attached Files:

2. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

Are you getting it every time you open the project? You should only get it the first time, and it will reimport everything and upgrade the project when you hit continue. After that it shouldn't happen anymore. Now, if you remove the Library folder at some point you may see this message again.

Also, make doubly sure you have a backup of the project before you upgrade. You can't go backwards.

3. ben_tvpp

ben_tvpp

Happens every time, ive loaded the project at least 5 times.

4. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

You might try actually deleting the Library folder then (again, after making sure you have a backup). Then re-open and Unity will re-create that folder, which may resolve the message.

5. Dreamback

Dreamback

Make sure you "Save Project" afterwards, just in case, and that the Library folder is writeable.

6. dwalther2

dwalther2

I found I had to save it under 2017 in order for it to stop showing that warning every time.

7. ben_tvpp

ben_tvpp

Tried that. I get a warning and effectivly loose everything (I ghave a backup).

upload_2017-7-17_14-3-2.png

8. ben_tvpp

ben_tvpp

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean.

9. Dave-Carlile

Dave-Carlile

Well, that warning is pretty clear. Sounds like you have some sort of conflict with a script name.

10. ben_tvpp

ben_tvpp

OK, the script name has now been changed and it still says there is an error and it cant build. It now does not gice any information as to what the error is, just that there is one. It was a warning not an error anyway. Also Object Orientations basic principles dictate you can override classes which is why I guess it was a warning, not an error.